Location: Remote (must reside in California – preference for L.A. or Palm Springs area)
Are you looking for a new chapter where every day brings new challenges? Do you get excited by helping innovative startup founders and creatives achieve their dreams? So do we. We are seeking a Sr. Paralegal to join our Southern California team. We are growing fast and looking for individuals who thrive in an environment that brings new opportunities to problem solve and create. We offer leading mentorship, competitive benefits, and WFA mobile-enabled technology.
Matten Law focuses on Immigration, Media & Entertainment, and Technology. Our team understands that challenging legal situations require innovative thinking and compassion. That’s why our attorneys strive to develop creative strategies that achieve optimal results for our clients.
Matten Law offers an inclusive workplace. We want you to bring 100% of your true self every day.
- Work independently to prepare business & family-based US immigration applications to US government agencies using legal automation technology
- Provide training and mentorship as needed
- Develop and implement internal procedures
- Effectively communicate with clients to collect and assemble documents
- Conduct quality reviews
- Proactively provide updates to clients and respond to inquiries
- Test legal automation technology and provide feedback to operations and engineering
- Utilize reports and manipulate data to prioritize work
- Develop and build new initiatives which allow Matten Law to continue to innovate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of experience working in a fast-paced employment-based immigration law firm or in-house immigration team.
- Extensive experience with a variety of visa types and adjustment of status.
- Prior experience working successfully in a remote environment. Key indicators: taking ownership of cases; preparing cases efficiently and accurately; actively communicating with team members and seeking feedback; and, understanding productivity goals
- Passion for delivering an extraordinary client experience
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, reliable, responsible and dependable
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to learn new technology
- Ensure that clients are kept informed on the progress of their cases
- Assist attorneys and other team members to manage caseload
- Draft forms, specialized support letters and prepare filing packages
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and transcripts to [email protected]