Location: Remote (must reside in California – preference for L.A. or Palm Springs area)
Are you looking for a new chapter where every day brings new challenges? Do you get excited by helping innovative startup founders and creatives achieve their dreams? So do we. We are seeking an Associate to join our Southern California team. We are growing fast and looking for individuals who thrive in an environment that brings new opportunities to problem solve and create. We offer leading mentorship, competitive benefits, and WFA mobile-enabled technology.
Matten Law focuses on Immigration, Media & Entertainment, and Technology. Our team understands that challenging legal situations require innovative thinking and compassion. That’s why our attorneys strive to develop creative strategies that achieve optimal results for our clients.
Matten Law offers an inclusive workplace. We want you to bring 100% of your true self every day.
- Join a fast-growing tech-focused law firm startup
- With a focus on extraordinary workers and entrepreneurs in both the business and entertainment sectors, you will draft nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions (heavy emphasis on O, P, EB-1A, NIW) using legal automation technology
- Supervise, mentor and review the work of case managers covering a wide range of visa categories
- Assist in drafting and submitting federal litigation filings
- Ensure all submissions meet A+ quality standards for our clients
- Communicate with clients to assess eligibility for business-related immigration benefits
- Provide updates to clients and respond to inquiries
- Research legal issues related to immigration benefits
- Utilize reports and manipulate data to prioritize work
JD/LLM and California bar license (will consider those taking the July 2022 bar exam)
- 0 – 2 years of experience, with strong legal research and writing capabilities
- Passion for delivering an extraordinary client experience
- Preference for prior experience working successfully in a remote environment. Key indicators: taking ownership of cases; preparing cases efficiently and accurately; actively communicating with team members and seeking feedback; and, understanding productivity goals
- The ideal candidate is hard-working with a start-up mentality
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to use collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Box, WhatsApp, etc.
- Natural curiosity about technology
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and transcripts to [email protected]